Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It’s 10:30 am, what’s for lunch today?!!!

From the moment we all wake up to the moment we go to bed we are forced to constantly make decisions.  These decisions range in importance from small to greatfor example what should we wear to work… all the way to how much insulin we should dispense to a diabetic child.  (Oh wait, that might just be me!)  One seemingly trivial yet suuuuper important decision that I eagerly anticipate is… what’s for lunch today??!?  The urge usually strikes around 10:30am and much to my colleagues' dismay, doesn’t go away until it’s resolved! 

For anyone in the vicinity of the West 50s, if you haven’t heard of Q2 Thai, then you should definitely check it out!  They have an endless selection of lunch options all for the low low (Manhattan) price of $8.95.  If you add an extra dollar you can add beef, shrimp, or squid.  I know all of you are probably thinking, “that’s pretty standard,” but the deal gets better!  (And no, I don’t work on commission.)   In addition, you get to choose from spring rolls, crab croquette, or steam dumplings, soda, and a small salad.  This girl chooses the Pad See-Ew with Shrimp and the Sprite and unbuttons her jeans while digesting.  Portions are healthy, delivery is fast, employees are friendly, and the packaging is great.  They are hooked up on Seamless and to those of you still with doubts, they get an A rating from the Health Board.  Boom!

Now, I have to admit that I am experiencing some angst about sharing with my readers this insider tip… Don’t all of you go out and take advantage of it at the same time please, because then we’d all be experiencing longer delivery times.  Don’t say I didn’t do anything for you!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious Jenelle! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm in NYC looking for food, I rely on my Groupon App and use the "Nearby" deals on food. Sometimes I can get 50% off my meal or a free drink to a place I wouldn't have gone to on my own. And I don't even have to print the coupon because they scan it before you pay. Nothing wrong with that! Eating cheaply is never a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitly be trying this! Thanks for the inside secret! Always looking for deals and love Thai!

    ReplyDelete